CloneZilla Live Details
- Software Full Name: CloneZilla Live
- Size: 346 MB
- Language: Multi
- Setup Type: Offline Installer / Full Standalone Setup
- License Type : Full_version
- Created By : Clonezilla
About CloneZilla Live
CloneZilla Live is a small bootable GNU/Linux distribution, it has been developed since 2004, and it is used to deploy many computers simultaneously. It is a handy tool; however, it does have several limitations. To use it, you must first prepare a DRBL server, AND the machine to be deployed must boot from a network.
Create partition and disk images for backup purposes and restore them whenever necessary, all thanks to this powerful open-source application Clonezilla . There’s nothing worse than losing all the data stored on the computer because of a hard disk failure or a severe system crash. Fortunately, advanced backup and recovery systems can help you prevent such situations from happening. Clonezilla is one of them.
Booting from the Clonezilla media opens a menu to choose the running mode for Clonezilla and run memory tests. The console data configuration options are displayed as you proceed, allowing you to select the keymap policy.
To install this program, the basic steps are to download pre-build Clonezilla and then put it in a boot media (CD, USB flash drive, or USB hard drive). Two types of files are available, iso and zip. The former is for CDs; the latter is for USB flash drives. Besides, you can put Clonezilla on a hard drive or PXE server.
CloneZilla Live Features
- Many File systems are supported.
- LVM2 (LVM version 1 is not) under GNU/Linux is supported.
- Boot loader, including grub and syslinux, could be reinstalled.
- Both MBR and GPT partition formats of the hard drive are supported.
- Clonezilla lives also can be booted on a BIOS or uEFI machine.
- Unattended mode is supported.
- You can do almost all steps via commands and options.
- You can also use a lot of boot parameters to customize your imaging and cloning.
- One image restoring to multiple local devices is supported.
- You could use AES-256 encryption to secure data access, storage, and transfer.
- X86 or x86-64 processor
- 196 MB of system memory (RAM)
- Boot devise, e.g. CD/DVD Drive, USB port, PXE, or hard drive
How To Install CloneZilla Live
- Extract the zip to your preferred location with WinRar or 7-Zip
- Open Installer and accept the terms and then install program.
- Don’t forget to check “Readme.txt” if exist in setup folder.